CPHS CLUB SPOTLIGHT: DECA!

Luna Coronel

Carle Place High School Club Spotlight: DECA!

Luna Coronel

Carle Place has various clubs and extracurricular activities. This CP club is a great opportunity for students who are interested in developing their leadership skills, preparing for careers in business management, and building their professional networks. DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) is an organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools. It is widely recognized, and DECA’s High School Division includes over 173,000 members in 3,200 schools, with Carle Place being one of them. 

DECA’s programs and competitions are designed to help students improve their skills in the areas of entrepreneurship, leadership, sports management, graphic designing, and career development.  DECA offers a variety of programs, including leadership development conferences, competitive events, and networking opportunities.  

DECA will help you develop the skills needed to succeed in college and beyond. For example, the club offers a variety of leadership development programs and activities that can help students develop the skills they need to be effective leaders in their personal and (future) professional lives. Through participation in competitive events and other programs, you can gain valuable experience and skills that will be helpful in your future careers. DECA will improve your speaking skills in a professional setting, as well as develop confidence, collaboration, and time management. In addition, DECA will offer you the opportunity to network with other students, business professionals, and teachers. This can help you make connections that can be valuable as you pursue future studies and careers. 

Carle Place’s DECA participates in multiple conferences and competitions. Recent experiences include the “ Adelphi Apprentice Challenge: Business Conference,” “Emerging Leaders Business Competition,” as well as the DECA Regional and State competitions. For questions or more information, contact the club advisor, Mrs. Foufas.