Carle Place’s Key Club Wins #1 in New York State for Fundraising!

Hana Zhang, Contributor

The Carle Place High School Key Club took part in a virtual conference called the Leadership Training Conference. They spent weeks applying for awards to showcase their members and their hard work throughout the year. Our Key Club won several prestigious awards. 

Melissa Pereira (‘20) was awarded the Outstanding Senior award. Melissa serves as the editor for our Key Club. 

Hana Zhang (‘22) won the Distinguished Bulletin Editor award. Hana serves as the bulletin editor and local secretary for Key Club. 

Nicholas Pascarella  (‘21) won the Distinguished Treasurer award for his service as our treasurer. 

The Key Club won the Perfect Paperwork award for keeping perfect records and submitting reports on time. 

We also won the Early Bird Dues award for submitting our dues on time. 

The award we are most proud of is the Excellence in Fundraising. For a single service project, we fundraised the most out of the whole New York state during the 2019-2020 Key Club Year. This was for our Battle of the Classes, Battling for a Cause event for Duke Children’s Hospital – Dr. Kishnani’s Pompe Disease Fund. Carle Place raised an astonishing $28,413! The CPHS Key Club also fundraised the most over the course of the 2019-2020 service year with $36,950!

Key Club officers and the Student Organization with the family of Sophia Giusto, and the check for the $28,413 that Carle Place fundraised at Battle of the Classes! Photographer: Daniel Krause

We would like to thank all of our members for contributing to our club. Without all of your hard work, we would not have come as far as we have. We are making a difference in so many people’s lives.

Key Club members at Jones Beach for the annual Breast Cancer Walk on October 20th.